Suspicious email received

Also can confirm I’m getting these emails and they have an unique email address only ring have with my personal details, so definitely a data breach

Also had two emails from team@eu-ring.tech and used my full name. So this really does feel like a breach.

1 Like

Agreed; this has to be a data breach. Why would they know my full name, email address and know I’m a ring customer?

I received this today from Polina <polina@ringuk-tech.shop>

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2024 10:40 AM
Subject: Hi [my first name], Thankful for you.

Dear [my full name] ,

We at Ring want to take a moment to express our heartfelt gratitude for your continued support throughout the past year. Your trust in keeping your hоme and loved ones safe with Ring means the world to us. :heart:

As a token of our appreciation, we’d like to оffer you a 9О% оff on one of our most popular safety devices: the [Alarm Panic Button] [link removed] - fоr оnly 3 GBР. This handy little button connects seamlessly to your Ring Alarm system, allowing you to instantly send for help with a single press, no matter where you are in yоur hоme.

Warmly,

Polina.
The Ring Team

I’ve not clicked any links etc. as it’s clearly bogus. Grammar, words used and use of numbers instead of letters are a dead give away.

Agreed - this is definitely a data breach and Ring need to get on top of it and investigate. They have my full name and email address. They would not naturally know this information.

@Ring IS THIS A DATE BREACH: YES OR NO?

We need to be told WITHOUT DELAY for your customer’s security.

Hi @user63814. There is a marked solution in place for this thread, which answers your questions. There has been no data breach or hack.

1 Like

Above, FIzz has stated he has received an email from the scammer on an email address he’s only associated with the real Ring.

Are you saying he’s lying?

It’s a total scam! I regret I lost money! Don’t do it! Problem is that it seems to take you to the real Ring Website, everything looks legit!

Then they keep charging your payment card continuously!

Ring should actually do something about this!

Agree!

Ring need to sort this out immediately. It’s worrying that they don’t know their own system security has been breached! What’s next criminals watching our homes!

Definitely something sus going on, my family members who were signed up to Ring are receiving different variations of the spam messages mentioned in this thread, but the one family member who was not signed is yet to receive one.

The unsubscribe link is valid (for once!). I tried reporting them to the host called avada(dot)io but they’ve ignored all my abuse reports.

I’ll report it to the Information Commissioner Office and I suggest that others based in the UK do the same: Spam emails | ICO

I would also suggest that @Caitlyn_Ring clears her ‘there’s been no breach’ messages with the IT security and legal teams, as otherwise they will be ideal for civil litigation if a potential breach was to be discovered in the end :wink:

1 Like

I do wonder how they knew your name if there is no breach.

They won’t admit to the breach, even though its clear something has happened. I guess its a case of better to deny than to admit.

In the past I posted a query, the Ring employee responded with incorrect information. I pointed the incorrect information out and before I knew it they had edited their response to the right info, making me look stupid.
So I would take everything these Ring people say with a pinch of salt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.