General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U
User Solution
Closed
Suspicious email received
hardwired-security-cameras
cs-support

I’ve had a suspected phishing email from nicholas@ringuk.shop
Has anyone else?
Can anyone tell me if that email address is legit please?
Nicholas is offering me stupidly cheap cameras!

29-12-2023 06:31:52

Responses (21)

U

I’m getting these emails as well. I am assuming they are are fraudulent.

31-12-2023 04:08:35

C

I have received one from James james@indoorcamera.shop. My concern is that the email address used has only ever been given to ring and they have used the full name I shared with ring.
This indicated that rings customer data has been compromised as they have previously denied that they have lost customer data. Can ring please confirm.

31-12-2023 08:35:38

C

I have had three now. I have rung and reported it to ring support and asked them to investigate a potential data breach.

02-01-2024 11:12:36

U

Same here, started last week. Domain name used was only registered a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve reported it. They tell me they have informed the relevant authorities and will keep me posted.

As you say with you, the only place this email is used is with Ring. It won’t have been harvested from anywhere else so there has got to have been a breach of a Ring DB somewhere.

03-01-2024 11:38:05

HH

Same with me. Clearly a scam but also very indicative of a data breach. Under UK law, don’t they have an obligation to inform the Data Commissioner and anyone affected?

Wired website reported in March that Ring are in a standoff with hackers

Mine come from mail@ring-camera.shop

05-01-2024 03:58:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User