Support of Modes via Alexa Ring Skill without Ring Alarm

This is a great feature.

Seems odd it’s not available already

1 Like

I would also like to see this feature happen, sometimes it takes my phone forever to load the ring app, when i could just tell alexa to set mode to away or home. Please consider this it will make a lot of people happy! :grin:

I still haven’t heard anything back from Ring on how to change the Ring App Mode Settings (Disarmed/Home/Away) via Alexa Routines.
I don’t have or need another Ring device, I just need the Ring App to let me change the Mode Settings via Alexa, when I leave… I will change the App to Home Mode via the App itself for security reasons.
Thanks, Richie…

1 Like

Please add this feature. This is super annoying to have to stop and use the app to change the modes. I have 2 alexas and 4 ring camera’s and really want an Alexa, I’m home to change the mode on my ring devices.

1 Like

This is a must-have feature! I need to be able to set a schedule to ensure my cameras come back on at night if I forget. It’s so stupid that this feature isn’t already implemented!

Almost £1k spent on security cameras that are basic and not really very secure… I’m thinking of selling these and buying something more professional.

1 Like

C’mon Ring, this is a no brainer.

1 Like

Bump for some love and attention

I have a number of Ring cameras both indoor and outdoor. I do not use Ring Alarm. I enabled modes and all works fine with the app. I would like to toggle mode using Alexa instead of just using the app. Since I do not use Ring Alarm and just want to toggle modes via the Ring skill with Alexa, is it possible to do this and how? At least verbally, but I would love to be able to do the same via Alexa routines as well.

This is my case exactly. I don’t have ring alarm or smart lights with bridge, just the original cameras. I want to be able to set modes to home/ away/ disarm based on Alexa routines and voice commands. Even if they put a pin code on home and disarm

2 Likes

Yes, would really like the option to disarm ring before I take the dog out, no time to fumble for my phone and disarm. Especially for my family, easier to ask Alexa to disarm, then speak a code or something. If a simple low cost bridge were available to add without buying the security system that might be ok too, but it should be native to the Alexa skill.

1 Like

Ditto!!! I don’t want to have to set multipole things to away when I’m trying to leave my house. especially considering Amazon owns both of these company’s, we should be able to do it with out adding the alarm.

1 Like

I’m surprised this isn’t already available. The Ring only allows 3 Modes. I should be able to tell Alexa which Mode to set without having to open the app on my phone.

I frequently go downstairs for breakfast, forget my phone upstairs, and the Ring is sending multiple alerts to my husband at his office that someone is in the house. If I could just tell Alexa to change the mode from my kitchen, that would be ideal.

1 Like

Would really love to see this feature. I’m surprised it’s been 2 years since it has been requested and it’s still not available.

1 Like

Signal boost on this, it’s ludicrous that this integration hasn’t always been a thing. Alexa enabled devices should all be able to change modes for all ring devices. With any lowering of the mode, ie disarm requiring a pin. It’s not something that is difficult. Please get it together Ring and Amazon, what’s the point of having the same parent company if you don’t integrate your services. Meanwhile other companies are doing a better job of what should be easy for you.

This was started 2 years ago and still we are waiting. I assume Ring are not going to do this as they want us to have to purchase more Ring equipment in the form of the Alarm

Hey neighbors, great news! Our teams have worked with Alexa to update this feature so you can now arm or disarm your system even if you only have Ring Security Cameras and Doorbells. For more information and steps on how to set this up in Alexa, please check out the Help Center article below. :slight_smile: