Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
J
Support for Z-Wave Recessed Door Sensors
contact-sensor
door-sensor
app-request
While the face-mount sensors are functional, they are also incredibly obvious... particularly on doors. Many systems support the use of plunge-style hidden sensor that are mounted between the door jamb and the hinge-side of the door itself. It is my understanding that Ring can support these (sortof) but not for the monitored alarm. Given that all sensors do is detect an open/closed state, it seems to me that it should be incredibly simple to support these and other sensors such as Garage Door open/tilt.

18-03-2020 03:21:12

Responses (17)

B
you can support these with the Ring Retrofit Kit. Typically used for existing alarm systems which often have these kind of door sensors. There is nothing stopping you from wiring up your house with sensors and routing them to the Ring Retrofit Kit

22-04-2020 06:47:47

L
@bradium. You're referring to bridging wired plunger style sensors. I agree with the OP that the Ring sensors are poorly designed for aesthetics and they should offer 2 types of sensors so that a user can choose. I have a competing system installed and my plunger style sensors are wireless (proprietary 900mhz). The Retro Kit won't work for me. So, they exist and Ring should directly supply/support them. I am an avid Ring cam user and would jump into Ring security if those sensor options were available for my 3 doors.

03-11-2020 04:10:47

S
Support 3rd party Z-Wave Plus Recessed Door/Window Sensors. Allows for concealed and cleaner installation for doors (main entry doors, or service doors). Another option would be to support the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Door Sensor that attaches to the door hinge. Both of these solve mounting issues with the normally supplied Ring contact sensor with door gaps, and molding issues.

14-12-2020 05:19:52

H
Agreed, Ring could rebrand and certify an existing z-wave sensor. this is standard with most alarm systems.

09-01-2021 04:43:01

G
Fully agree, I'd switch today from my existing system to Ring if they had recessed sensors or some way to support existing wireless recessed sensors.

22-03-2021 02:15:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User