Subscriptions

Hi I bought a ring camera for someone as a Christmas gift,I took it out of the box to check everything was there and I plugged it in to check it was working and everything was fine,I have one ring camera at my own home and that has now started telling me I have to sign up to a protect plus plan within 30 days. Hope you can help me with this. Regards,steve24

Hi @Steve24. Since you set the Camera up in your Ring App, it has activated the free 30 day trial of the Ring Protect Plus plan that is automatically given with each new device setup. If you were planning to give this to someone else, you will want to make sure you remove it from your Ring App as it can only be set up under one Ring account at a time. To remove the Doorbell, you’ll go to Device Settings > General Settings > Remove This Device.

For any questions regarding the Ring Protect plan trial, I’d suggest following up with our support team so they can better assist. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.