General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
T
Subscription Lapsed and I Need Lost Videos
negative-feedback
ring-protect-plans
My subscription, which I thought was auto-renewing, expired with no notice. I didn't realize it until 2 days after my recordings stopped saving to the cloud. I've immediately re-subscribed, but in the 2 days that it was down there's a video I need. Is there any way to recover that? I'm frustrated because had I received an email saying it was expiring I would have taken care of it immediately and would not have lost this important footage.

17-05-2020 04:37:49

Responses (14)

C
Hey @thisholidayjoe. Whenever there is a lapse of coverage, the videos from that time period and all previously stored videos are removed from the cloud storage since there is not a plan to cover the storage. There is not a way to retrieve these videos once removed and deleted. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please ensure you do not have any Ring emails doing to your spam or junk folder, as you should get an email when your plan is about to expire!

18-05-2020 06:57:21

T
Thanks for the reply, Chelsea. I did check my SPAM and there's nothing there. And what's odd is I get all of the other Ring communications in my normal inbox. I even got a notification when i resubscribed that my new subscription was going to expire in a few days because my credit card didn't properly charge. So, I'm pretty confident that any previous attempt to let me know I had an expiring subscription would have shown up in my inbox just like all of the other similar communication from Ring. I'm really disappointed that there's no way to retrieve that. I'd even be willing to pay for the 2 days lapsed if there was a way to get them. Is it possible that there could be a backup server that stores a rolling 30 days or something like that from which your team could restore it?

20-05-2020 05:30:06

C
@thisholidayjoe We do not have backup servers and no way to retrieve the videos for you. I greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! I will make sure to pass on your feedback and experience to the appropriate teams, as we are always in the interest of making the neighbor experience better. If we could implement a way to have a recovery section for videos, I could see how this could benefit our neighbors that find themselves in a situation similar to yours. I apologize again, I wish there was more we could do in this situation!

20-05-2020 05:48:08

P
So whats the use of paying you guys for videos that "BElongs to us" if you don't have the cloud save it. Why take peoples money for something that is useless?????

25-09-2022 02:13:56

T
Has this changed at all in the last year? Because I'm in the same boat as holiday joe right now, and it would be really really handy if I could access video from a 2 day lapse.

13-05-2021 10:27:40

T
Hi @terrapin22. To add to what Chelsea has said, there is not a way to restore deleted videos. Once the videos are deleted, they are gone. This Help Center article [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001834066) will show you how to download videos in the event you find a video you would like to save.

14-05-2021 04:14:13

D
I have had the same problem. My credit expired and before I noticed all the footage was gone. It did take three weeks but I was traveling and my phone got damaged and I could not log back with my new phone until I got back to my computer (given security requirements). It seems like a month grace period should be built into the product. Now I left feeling like I should replace this entire system because I can't trust that this type of thing will not just happen again.

12-07-2021 06:37:57

A
Has this now been changed? I have an expired subscription and videos from 2 days ago in my event history that I want to view but that I can not access. I will renew subscription if that means I will be able to access the videos from 2 days ago.

16-10-2021 03:02:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User