Stopped working

Hi i have the gen2. Been working fine for months, now all of a sudden its not sensing any movement and no notifications. I can watch live to my hearts content but not telling me anything. I’ve been through all my settings and I’ve reinstalled app etc but nothing. Please help

Hi @Voddy67. I’d recommend resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, you’ll need to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. Once that’s done, trigger a test event on the Doorbell by walking in front of it or pressing the button. If it is still not recording or detection motion properly, it would be best for you to follow up with our support team directly so they can take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks very much for your reply. I will try that in the morning. If it doesn’t work what number do I call from UK and will I still have me subscription that I paid for if it does work. Thanks

Voddy

Ive had similar issue, everything stopped working at 2.45am (uk time)

No motion or live stream working even though device online and everything healthy and wifi full strength etc

Spent last 2 hours resetting wifi and trying to set up by new device in app again and nothing worked. It kept saying couldnt connect to wifi on set up even though its showing on my network and everything else working.

Then i saw this post about pressing orange for 20 seconds, ive now retried re-setting it it up and its working

Bit worrying it can just totally stop like and ive seen similar posts with same problems but nothing on the ring status channel but the 20 seconds reset button thing does seem to work for me anyway

@Voddy67 The support phone number for the UK is [01727 26 3045](tel:01727 26 3045), which you can also find in the link in my previous reply as well. Your Ring Protect subscription won’t be affected unless you manually cancel or change anything about the plan.