I have two Plug In cameras 3rd gen with the Pan and Tilt option. The pan and tilt stop’s working all together. My wife and I both use Iphone 12 Pro’s and this happen to both of us all the time.
The only way to get the pan and tilt to work again is to restart the Iphone.
Any suggestions for a fix?
Hi @e1ff0b100ff8dcc03fb7. Try the following troubleshooting steps to ensure your Pan-Tilt Mount is working properly with your Stick Up Cams:
- Remove the Camera from the Pan-Tilt Mount and ensure there are no dirt or debris on either the Camera or the Mount.
- Reset the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set it back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device.
Put the Camera back on the Pan-Tilt Mount and test it out in the Ring App to see if you’re able to adjust the view. If this concern persists after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a further look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.
I don’t think there is any dirt because it’s affecting two different camera’s the same way and they are both in a protected area.
I will give it a try though on both cameras.
Update. The pan and tilt started working out of the blue. I was told to download the Rapid Ring app and use it. I did so and the pan and tilt would work with this app.
Now, the pan and tilt works with the Ring App and has stopped working with the Rapid Ring app. for what its worth.
@e1ff0b100ff8dcc03fb7 I’m glad to hear the pan and tilt is working properly with the Ring app now. I’d recommend continuing to use it on the Ring app since it’s working there. You can follow up with our support team regarding the Rapid Ring app if you want to use both apps, but the Ring app offers full functionality with all of the newest features so you do not need to also use the Rapid Ring app.
ok I rebooted the the stick up cam and I rebooted my iPhone 13 and it started to work. can someone else try to ensure this works for them but my question is why do we have to check rebooting our phones to get this work?
sorry keep rebooting. ( typing to fast)
ok now once you get out of the app and go back into the ring app the pan and tilt stops working and I have to reboot my phone again to get it to work. Why?
Hi @wolfman. If your Pan/Tilt Mount isn’t responding or calibrating, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the Camera and the Pan/Tilt Mount to ensure there are no obstructions on or around it preventing the mount from working.
- Verify that the power cable is plugged into the mount and not the Camera.
- Try resetting the Camera after disconnecting the mount. You can reset your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Then reconnect the Camera in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.
- Make sure you’re not trying to use the Rapid Ring app. The Rapid Ring does not support Pan/Tilt mounts.
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve this concern, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.