Stick up Cam Battery shows solar connection

I’ve just set up my second stick up cam (battery version). For some reason this one says that it has a solar panel connected when it clearly hasn’t. Has anyone else had this error?

I’ve had the battery cam for about2 weeks & 3 days ago it says solar connected but I don’t have solar.

I brought second one yesterday and mine says solar panel connected but my other one doesn’t and never has

But mine not working either

Hi neighbors! Feel free to share a screenshot of what you are seeing so the Community can make some helpful suggestions. The Ring app will sometimes reflect the ability or recommendation of a Solar Panel for your Ring devices in the Ring app. Please ensure this is not the wording you are seeing.

I have a spotlight battery camera which has recently started stating that the Solar Status (under Power Settings) is ‘Connected’, and that ‘Ring Solar Panel is connected, but sunlight is too weak to charge this device’. I don’t have a solar panel!

Yes same here, just got two new battery stick up cams and both are showing that a solar panel is connected in the device settings and the battery icon top right has a sunshine on it. We have other ring stick up cams and they don’t show this it seems to be just the new ones that have this problem. The down side is that the battery icon is always showing full with this sunshine icon so it doesn’t move appropriately with the actual power left!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, neighbors! We’ve delivered your feedback to our teams here for further investigation. At this time, please disregard the message you are seeing as it should not impact your Ring app and Ring device operation. Feel free to share any further observations in the meantime, and thank you again for being great neighbors! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the stickup cam third generation, and about a week ago started getting this warning:

My solar panel is southern facing the entire day, and this warning is occurring on bright sunny days. I have factory reset my cam, fully charged the battery twice, cleaned the solar panel, and yet the cam works only during the day, and shuts down at night. And even with the solar panel disconnected, I get the same message. This cam/panel have worked fine for months . Please advise.

Hi @Dainmezron. For this concern, I would recommend reaching out to our support team. They will be able to deep dive into this issue and see what might be causing this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch by sending a message on Facebook @Ring with some details on your concern.