Step light not detecting motion?

I have 2 step lights, both in the same group. The status page shows both are connected to my Bridge - Good signals, good battery levels (100%) FIrmware 1.8.4-20.

Here’s the issue - 1 unit detects motion, no problem - both lights come on then that first unit detects motion - perfect. Now the second unit, doesn’t detect motion at all! They both appear to have similar settings - if either detects motion - both lights should come on for 30 seconds. Again, this works great on unit 1, but not at all from unit 2???

I have adjusted the motion sensitivity on both - to high. Unit 2 still detects nothing.

Also - in my app history - unit 1 motion detection is logged, unit 2 (the one not detecting) has no motion history, but does show the light on and off (because of unit 1) .

What should I do, or check to get unit 2 detecting motion? They are on different corners of the house and I desire motion detection in both places.

I do not have any schedules defined - all motion alerts should be good, 24/7. Both units have motion detection enabled (I cycled that setting on each already too - no change). Neither the group, nor the devices have a schedule.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @JohnDou. Have you tried testing this Pathlight by walking in front of it to see if it registers that motion detection in the Ring App? Make sure you’re not walking by the other Pathlight and only the one that doesn’t seem to be detecting motion. Try this out and let me know if it is or isn’t picking up your test motion.

I have tried them independently. They are on opposite sides of the house. If I walk by Unit #1, it sees movement, because of the group I created - both light up. The lights go out - I walk in front of unit #2 - nothing happens. Reviewing the app history… it shows movement ON and OFF for the first unit, nothing for the second unit (wrt to motion). When unit 1 has motion, it turns on both lights - so the logging has lights on and off for each unit (due to movement on unit 1) - but then nothing from the test of unit 2 (no motion), therefore no lights on either unit, because no motion was detected. I’m wondering if motion detecting isn’t working on this second unit? All communications, status and appearances seem to be the same between the 2 units.

Is there a reset or method I can use, on unit #2 - to determine of the motion sensing is active? Clearly, it isn’t working - but the main question is, why?

@JohnDou Try removing the battery for about 1 minute, then putting the battery back in. This will power cycle the Steplight, and you can test the motion detection again after that. If it’s still not working, Id suggest fully removing the Steplight from the Ring App and add it back in. If this concern persists after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.