Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
S
Stay logged in to browser
windows
app-request
Ring needs to allow a user to stay logged into the browser, like every other major company that treats security seriously (hello parent company Amazon!). It's ridiculous that we have to enter credentials every 24 hours (or whatever the timeout is) to see the dashboard on our PC. Figure this out, Ring!!

27-08-2021 10:56:08

Responses (35)

G
Is there a solution to this yet? Seems crazy to get rid of the desktop app, and then not let us stay logged in. I have lastpass, so that makes the tedious relogging in easier, but still. If you're going to kill the desktop app, then make it easier to run the web based version.

08-09-2021 01:43:28

C
Hey neighbors. You should be able to stay logged in to your Ring account on [Ring.com](http://ring.com/) for up to 24 hours. For security reasons, you may be prompted to re-enter your password prior to the 24-hour period to access certain sections of your Ring account. In addition, clearing your browser's cache, cookies, or history prior to the 24-hour timeframe may require you to re-enter your password as well. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope this clears this up for you!

20-09-2021 11:53:21

T
NO, this is NOT a solution. There needs to be a way to disable the timeout and just stay logged in for as long as the browser window stays open. Facebook doesn't log me out automatically after 24 hours. Mail apps like GMail and Outlook don't log you out after 24 hours. There's NO REASON for Ring to automatically time out after 24 hours! Maybe have 24 hours be the default, but for those of us who want to quickly switch to a browser window to see our live cams, this timeout is a huge disadvantage compared to the Ring app for Windows! THIS IS NOT HARD. IT IS A TRIVIAL FIX. PLEASE ELIMINATE THE TIMEOUT.

24-09-2021 09:41:22

U
I am able to stay logged in to my account no problem but it may ask for password to view live view occasionally which is fine as the password is in my password manager. However, I'm not able to stay logged into community.ring.com just my account for viewing cameras and security system. When will this be fixed so it stays logged on for more than a few minutes after I navigate away from the page?

22-12-2021 09:18:22

U
Not solved for me. I can never stay logged in for 24 hrs on Chrome. I probably have to log in 5-6 times per day. No clearing cache, etc. during that time.

16-07-2022 12:52:23

F
Yes! I do not want to log in every time I reboot the computer. I just want it to work like the app. Keep a window open to monitor my cameras.

05-10-2021 06:01:39

D
I agree that this is totally unacceptable. I am currently using the Ring app for Windows 10. When the doorbell rings, I can instantly check to see who is there. The Windows 10 app is being retired in January, but Ring.com cannot be a replacement for the app when you have to sign in all of the time. It's not practical to open up the web page, wait for it to load, then sign in, then wait for live view to open.

07-10-2021 10:36:34

M
Sorry for crashing an old thread. I use Chrome and I don't so much have a problem with the username/ password prompt every day, but I do have a problem with the 2 factor as well, every time. Is there a way to disable that please?

07-12-2021 06:40:26

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User