Static noise

My ring doorbell recently started making a very loud static noise. It happens on live view as well and the person on the other side of the door can not hear me just as I can’t hear them! Help!! I have already tried rebooting, and installing and uninstalling the app.

1 Like

Hi @baflores21. Would you mind sharing a video example of this static noise that you’re experiencing on your Doorbell? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. Additionally, which model of Doorbell do you have?

I have this same issue. I bought the ring door camera, stickup cams, and security lights with cams and all of them are doing this. One of hte indoor stick up cams also is having a high pitched noise.

I have the same problem, it is deafening for both people… advise please

I am having the same issue. Has anyone successfully fixed this?

Hey neighbors! If you’re experiencing any type of static on your Doorbell, please try resetting it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, you’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If this same concern persists after that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and account and provide more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Wow,zip file,upload to utube,it shouldnt be this hard to get help