Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
B
Spotlight Pro Randomly Disconnects
hardwired-security-cameras
connectivity
troubleshooting
I have three Ring devices. Doorbell 3, Spotlight Pro Wired & Floodlight Pro Wired. Every few days (at random) my Spotlight Pro Wired camera will show as offline in the app, disconnect from WiFi, the floodlight will stop working and the camera will show a solid blue light. Other devices continue to remain operational and connected to WiFi, including my Doorbell 3 which is located directly under the suspect Spotlight Pro cam. To resolve the issue, I have to reboot the Spotlight Pro camera by manually turn off the power. This will enable it to work for another few days. This is beginning to get frustrating. Has anybody else experienced this before? Thanks, Birdman0

12-11-2023 09:38:34

Responses (2)

C
Hi @birdman0. What is the RSSI number listed on the Device Health page for the Spotlight Cam? This gives us an indication of the [signal strength](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/217271526-Checking-Your-Ring-Device-s-Wifi-Signal-Strength) for that device. Also, are you experiencing this issue with the Floodlight as well, or only the Spotlight Cam?

14-11-2023 08:04:51

M

I have a Spotlight Cam Pro using solar which started doing the same thing last week after 6 months of solid performance. The camera is up-to-date and three other cameras have been performing without any issues. If I wait a while, or reboot the router, the camera comes back online. The long delay before the first event and the randomness of the drop-outs makes it seem like it is a hardware issue, so when I have time, I will call the Ring 1-800 line, but I was hoping someone else might have some additional info to share.

14-02-2024 04:21:06

T

Hi @mgerdes. This sounds like it may be a network issue. What is the RSSI for this device? The RSSI can be found in the Device Health menu of this Ring app.

16-02-2024 06:03:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User