Spotlight Cam Solar Panel Stopped Working

I’ve had a spotlight battery cam with an off brand solar panel attached to it for some months now. Just recently my camera stopped recognizing the solar panel. I’ve been all over this board following all of the tips and tricks but nothing has worked thus far. The LED light in the battery compartment is solid red even at full charge. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Just wondering if a software update has programmed the camera not to recognize solar panels that are not Ring branded or if there is another problem I should be looking into.

Hi @Its-Just-Al. Although off-brand solar chargers may work for sometime, the Spotlight cam is only designed to work with official Ring Accessories. I would suggest performing a reset on your Spotlight and then reconnecting it to your wifi. This will ensure that your Spotlight Cam is running on the latest firmware version. I hope this information helps!

I’ve done that several times. The solar panel was working well before and is giving good readings. My question was: has Ring blocked other brand solar panels from working with their products?

Hi @Its-Just-Al. With Ring products, we can only recommend the official Ring Solar Panel. Other 3rd party Solar Panels have not been tested with our equipment and their performance cannot be guaranteed. You can find the Ring Solar Panel that is known to work with our devices here. :slightly_smiling_face: