Spotlight Cam Plus ignoring motion zones

I’ve seen this many a time but yet to see a solution. Let’s try again!

My ring camera has custom motion zones features. I set these up to make the camera ignore events when my neighbour is on his drive and to exclude dog walkers. I only want alerts when someone is on my drive.
However, the camera acts as if the zones aren’t set and responds to the whole view.

This is annoying! I get loads of alerts that I just don’t want.

I also have a ring door bell and the zones feature seems to work perfectly.

What can I do?

This is a typical pair of legs going past. I don’t want this alert

Here are my zones:

And this is my neighbour. He stays well outside the zones for the whole clip

Hi @user50952. How high is your Spotlight Cam mounting and how is the Spotlight Cam angled? This Help Center article here has information that can help with this. Additionally, try adjusting your Motion Zones to be in a rectangular shape, rather than the current shape you have now. Let me know if this helps.

I have the same issue, the zone is completely ignored and movement on the edge of the camera is detected.
Let’s stop pretending we are using it wrong. I have a Ring doorbell and zones work perfectly on that.

Hi @Ultraman1966. If you have tried the steps mentioned here and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team to look into this further with you. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.