Sometimes no notifications Doorbell 3 plus

Hello!

After pressing the ring, there are no notifications on the smartphone and chime pro.

It happens randomly, once everything works fine, but many times I don’t get any notifications. I am currently using the second device because due to these problems the first device was found to be defective and replaced. Both devices are affected by this problem. All tests are satisfactory, the signal strength for the devices ranges from RSSI 42 to RSSI 44.
Does anyone have similar problems? I suppose this is a problem with Ring servers.

Hey @Darek. I would first recommend to reboot your internet router. Do this by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging back in. Once connection has restored, test an event. If this provides no solution, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I restarted my router and the problem persists.
I was taking battery out of doorbell - doesn’t help.
Support replaced my device with a new one - the problem persists.

Once I have notifications in chimes and smartphones and once I have no notifications anywhere. Random.

I’ve already contacted support. I did not get help.

Hi @Darek, happy to chime in for Tom here. Would you mind specifying the make and model of smartphone you have? Also, when you test an event and you don’t receive any notification, does the event still appear in your Event History log? While this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, I’m happy to offer some other troubleshooting suggestions once I have a better idea of what’s happening on your end.

Hello. My smartphone is a samsung Note 10. When I test the event, the log does not appear in the history. At the same time there are no notifications in chime pro. Sometimes it works fine and I have notifications on my phone and in chime pro although I haven’t changed any settings. There is no such situation in which there are notifications on smartphone and no chime pro notifications or vice versa. If there are no notifications then on all devices. If there are notifications, then on every device.

@Darek I appreciate you providing that clarification. In that case, what is the RSSI number on the Device Health screen for your Doorbell and Chime Pro? It’s possible that the devices don’t have a stable connection, which can cause the intermittent lack of notifications. You can learn more about RSSI in our Community Post here. Ultimately, it may be best if you reach back out to our support team as they’ll be able to look into your account and work with you directly to find a solution to this matter. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

RSSI for chime - 44

RSSI for doorbell - 42

Signal strength is good, connection is stable.

Thanks for trying to help.

@Darek Thank you for confirming those numbers for me. One more step I can recommend is for you to perform a full reset on both your Doorbell and Chime before walking through a new setup in the Ring App. To reset the Doorbell and the Chime, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds on each device. After that’s complete, you can set them up again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. This will refresh their connection with your home wifi network in an effort to resolve the concerns you’re experiencing. If this doesn’t resolve it for you, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here.

After a few days of testing, I saw that when I press the button for the first time - the bell did’t give any notifications. Only the second time the ring button is pressed and I have notifications. As if the doorbell was sleeping and only the first press of the ring awakened him. Then the doorbell works fine for some time.