Solar ring doorbell

I bought a solar ring doorbell gen 2 on 1 months It was loaded only 3%
On the last week I’ve had sunshine all week and it doesn’t show me it would charge…
I don’t think it works any more…

Hi @user39916. Adding a Solar Charger to a battery powered Ring Doorbell will provide a trickle charge to help keep the battery topped off between charges. It’s still possible for the battery to drain more quickly than it can be trickle charged, depending on various factors. Those factors include the weather, wifi signal, number of events recorded daily, and the amount of direct sunlight the Solar Charger receives.

It’s recommended for the Solar Charger on your Doorbell to receive about 3-4 hours of direct sunlight per day for the best performance. You can find more information and troubleshooting steps for the Solar Charger here. For more in-depth assistance, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

It is in the sun 10 hours a day. And it didn’t manage to charge in 2 months only 3
My neighbors also bought the same product and theirs was fully charged in 8 days.
Which means mine is faulty…
How do I send me your replacement of this faulty product???

Photos full sun not charging :pensive:

I love the Ring system. One problem. The solar charger is almost worthless. I bought three, have plenty of sunshine daily, and yet none of them will ever show " connected" It looks like Ring has all but discontinued the solar charger with a solar panel because of the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.