Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
N
Solar path lights won’t charge
negative-feedback
solar-smart-lighting

My path lights worked great when I installed them in April ‘23. Now it’s winter and they won’t charge. I contacted Ring and they replaced the lights. I charged them fully and put them out. Now they aren’t charging.

A little searching via the Ring app and I see that the new solar smart devices are set to not charge below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s cool (no pun intended), but I live in northern Ohio. It stays below 32 for weeks at a time. Of course they will deplete. I’m kind of surprised the Ring Customer Service person didn’t point that out.

I’m just going to buy spare batteries and keep them charged and swap as needed. Unless I’m missing an easier route.

The batteries are common 18650 rechargeable batteries. They are sold by a variety of vendors. I’ve had good luck with Fenix batteries and chargers. Not sure I want to use super cheap Chinese batteries in my expensive Ring lights, but they are available cheap.

Has anyone else had this experience?

20-12-2023 03:55:47

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User