Solar path lights glow feature

Does the solar path lights have a glow “always on” feature that I can adjust the brightness to my liking?

Great question, @haagendazs23 ! A glow mode (‘or dusk-to-dawn feature’) for Solar Lights can be turned on via the Light Schedules setting. Theoretically, the Lights can be set to be on forever, but it will kill the batteries pretty fast. We recommend the default, which is the ‘from dusk till dawn’ setting. Right now the brightness level during a Light Schedule can only be adjusted for Bulbs, but we will share this request with the team and be sure to update you with any future new settings :slight_smile:

Hi Jennifer,

Are there any updates on this feature? I purchased 15 steplights thinking I would have this type of basic control only to find out it’s not possible.

Thanks

Hey @Joboo. Have you tried out the Dusk to Dawn feature within the Ring app? If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Select your light group > Select 1 Pathlight at a time > Light Settings > and ensure you have Dusk to Dawn selected! Let me know if this is what you’re looking for and how this works out for you. :slight_smile:

Yes, I have my light group on a schedule. The problem is the intensity of the light is low and cannot be changed. I need the ability to raise the light intensity. How do I do that?

@Joboo Thank you for confirming that and I just wanted to be sure! At this time, there is not a way to turn up the brightness when in the Dusk to Dawn feature and the lights will be lit at1.2-2.0 lumens, as according to this Help Center Article here! I will personally ensure that this feedback is passed onto the appropriate team though so that we can push this as a neighbor’s want. :slight_smile:

In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Thank you, but unfortunately since the product doesn’t meet my needs I will have to return the 16 Solar steplight devices I purchased.

Maybe when this is available I’ll reconsider.

1 Like

Does the Smart Glow option only work in dusk to dawn mode or can that work if set dusk to 11pm?

Hi @Goterps. The ‘smart glow’ feature you’re referring to is the Dusk to Dawn mode, which will allow you to have your lights illuminated at a low lumen level at daybreak and sunset. You can read more about how to control your Solar Smart Lights in our Help Center Article here. This article will outline all of the different settings available so you can adjust the settings to your preferences. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Chelsea - Is there any update as to this feature being added to the app. This is basic control, quite simply an assumption that I thought would already be included in the app. If not my pathlights are practically useless and of zero security to my home.

I’d like to be able to set the brightness in the app when I have my solar pathway lights and step lights on a light schedule. I understand this restriction is due to battery conservation, however even being able to turn them to 25, 50, 75 percent max would be better. I bought these for my parents so they can see the pathway and steps when coming home in the dark, however the lack of light output makes it so the lights aren’t even worth the cost at this point.

Hi @chrisf1189. While we don’t have any updates to share on this specific feature, I found a thread in the Feature Request board with this request here. Feel free to give it your vote or share any other suggestions in the Feature Request board. :slight_smile:

Caitlyn this defeats the points of having path lights that are only 1 lumin bright is useless. Thry don’t light the path.There should be enough solar power to run the lights for hours before going dim. The operation should allow user to pick brightness. When the power reaches 20% lights should go dim, and into a low power save mode until dawn when recharging starts. Please position this system. Other systems don’t stay dimmed when in use.

2 Likes

bump my feature request

https://community.ring.com/t/solar-path-brightness-schedule-override/54143?u=brian_vill

Any updates after this request was asked in many threads more than 2 years ago?

Hi @user26293. We do not have any updates or information to share on potential feature requests or feature releases. When we have relevant information to share on any feature requests, we will share that information in the applicable threads.