Solar panels not connected

I installed a solar panel on my ring and it shows not connected. I’ve updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, checked the voltage at the panel contacts it shoots up with sufficient light. At a loss here!!

Hi @Mike1088. One thing you can try is to reset your Ring Device. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. After this, you can reconnect it to wifi. The device will do a quick update and ten it should report the proper power level. I hope this helps!

Awesome, thank you will give that a shot.

Well, resetting didn’t work, uninstalled it and reinstalled that didn’t work either. Can you advise what the minimum/maximum voltage is supposed to be at the connecting forks with light so the ring will detect it? Otherwise my guess is my device is defective when it comes to solar.

Hi @Mike1088! The power output rating for the Solar Panel is 2.2W, 5.2VDC. Just in case you have a Super Solar Panel, that output is 5W, 5VDC. With several hours of direct sunlight this Solar Panel should certainly supply a charge to your Ring Camera, depending on other battery related factors. If the Ring app solar status is not reflecting proper information, try removing and reinstalling it on your mobile device. This will ensure the app is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. I recommend also checking out our Community post about battery drain, as battery draining variables could deem the charge received from a Solar Panel ineffective.

If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

You know my solar panels are not charging my 2 ring cameras also.
I’ve tried restarting resetting every thing to no avail

I even have 2 batteries inside.

Now what do we do???