Solar panel not registering in app for floodlight

Purchased two solar panels (for two cameras) and a solar panel floodlight.

Last night I hooked up one of the solar panels to my Ring spotlight camera and when I open the camera settings, the indicator shows the solar panel is connected and charging.

When it comes to my solar flood light, however, the app does not show that the solar panel is connected. Instead, my batter was at 100% and overnight it’s down to 60%. I followed all of the instructions and the solar panel is next to the solar panel I am using for the camera.

I removed the floodlight from the app and re-added it. I also uninstalled the Ring app and re-downloaded it. No luck.

The second solar panel I purchased for my other camera I haven’t installed yet so I decided to take it out and plug it into my floodlight - even that one is not registering in the app.

Wonder what the issue is - is my flood light defective or what other steps can I take?

Hi @josh8605. It seems like you’ve taken all of the rights steps here. You Floodlight should be registering that a Solar Panel is connected and not have the battery level drop that significantly overnight. I would suggest reaching out to our support team for the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Is there a solution for this issue? I have a Ring Solar Floodlight, with two battery packs installed and the solar panel connected but the app says there is no external power and the batteries are pretty much drained overnight.

Hi @leedb. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.