Solar Panel Not Charging

so i have 2 stick up cameras that ive charged up completely and then hook the solar panel up and by the night theyre completely dead and wont charge the next day.

they get full sun during the day. we live in the desert so no trees to block em. their actually installed on my roof with my homes solar.

currently they are just decoration on the side of my house because they wont stay charged… biggest waste of money right now.

Sorry to hear about this, @PsykoticAngell. A battery draining from 100% to 0% in 24 hours is very unusual to hear, and not intended. As always, checking common battery drain factors is the best first step. Please ensure there are not too many motion events on either device, as well as not too many lengthy live view events triggered from the Ring app. As you mentioned being in a desert region, cold temperature should not be a factor but is worth considering if your night time temps drop. A poor wifi signal can also cause battery to drain quicker due to the extra effort needed for the device to remain connected. In addition to the above variables, feel free to check out our Community post about battery drain for more tips.

Even with a Solar Panel connected and receiving several hours of direct sunlight daily, the above battery drain variables can be enough to drain battery quicker than a solar charge can be effective. If you’ve considered these factors, and your battery is still draining unreasonably quick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.