Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
R
Solar panel issues
solar-panel
I have just put a solar panel onto my spot light camera that I have outside my home. Before the solar panel I had no issues, since I installed the solar panel, I cannot keep the camera connected to my wifi. What could be causing this issue?

26-07-2021 12:41:45

Responses (4)

M
I have read another post recently with the same problem.

26-07-2021 05:26:41

M
Hi there, neighbors! Providing power to your Ring device should have not impact on the network connectivity of your device, except for when using a PoE device, and certainly not with a Solar Panel. The Solar Panel provide a trickle charge and nothing else, thus should not be a reason for your device falling offline. For any connectivity concerns, it's best to check your device [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), or wifi signal strength. Please ensure the Solar Panel is fully plugged in to your Ring device and that there is no debris in the ports. If the Solar Panel is mounted very close to the Ring device, please ensure it is not pressing the Camera setup button. I hope this helps! :)

26-07-2021 03:34:22

R
The solar panel is not close to my camera so that is not the issue, also my RSSI and wifi signal strength is strong, so that is also not the issue. Ever since the solar panel has been installed, the camera does not work, I unistall the solar panel, the camera works. Also, the solar panel will not stay installed to the camera, it says it is not installed and I need to install on when it is clearly plugged in. This thing is frustrating me beyond my limits. What can I do to fix these issues?

26-07-2021 05:17:46

M
Thank you for the update on this, @Rocky0420. It is definitely odd to hear that your Camera works without the Solar Panel. As you mentioned the Solar Panel not remaining connected and it potentially impacting your Camera operation, please make sure the Solar Panel being used is a Solar Panel that is intended for use with the Spotlight Camera battery model. A Ring branded one is advised, or one that is rated for the same power, adapter, and weather. If you are already certain that you have a proper and compatible Solar Panel for your Spotlight Camera, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

27-07-2021 03:58:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User