Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
U
Solar panel for camera issues
solar-panel
troubleshooting

Hello there. I bought a spotlight cam with solar panel just before xmas and for some reason it would not charge my camera. As I already had 2 solar panels I switch them around as part of my troubleshooting and found the others did charge the camera so common sense tells me it was the solar panel. After a long process I managed to get Ring to send me a replacement but after installing the new one it still doesn’t charge the camera. To be sure I tried one of my other panels again and yes, they charge the camera perfectly. I did try the ‘defect’ panel on the other cameras and it doesn’t charge them either. Could I have possibly received two duds? Yes, they are the same model number panels. Anything else I could try?

21-01-2024 10:01:04

Responses (1)

T

Hi @userLevo. If you’ve tried the panel on multiple cameras, and you’re getting the same result of it not charging, it seems as if the Panel is the issue. I would continue to work with our support team to investigate this concern. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

23-01-2024 06:15:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User