Solar Panel Charger not charing Ring Doorbell 2

I am having issues with my solar panel charger. I bought this about a month ago to avoid the headache of removing the battery, charging it and then reinserting it. However, the solar panel is not doing its job and I’ve been having to remove the battery every 3 days to charge it. I get full sunlight to my front door so I am not sure what to do anymore. It’s a little annoying since this accessory isn’t cheap and it was supposed to help me with this issue. Is anyone else going through the same troubles or have any tips or recommendations for me?

Thank you!!

Hey @MML. If you go into the Device Health for your Ring Video Doorbell 2, does it show that it is charging, hardwired or giving you any indicator that the solar panel is connected? If it does not, then you may need to reach out to our support team here via phone to get this addressed. They can take a deep dive into your device and account to see why the Doorbell is not holding the charge and dying in 3 days time, and also why the solar charger isn’t helping! Even without a solar charger, your device should not be dying in such a short amount of time. Please let me know what our support team is able to do for you! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue, also looking for tips.

I’m having the same issue with the solar charger. I do get at least a week out of the battery, but who wants to disconnect the doorbell weekly to charge it?

I’m having the same issue in the health of my camera it says connected but it does not charge . Is there an “on off “ switch on the solar panel itself? All I did was plug in the panel to the camera. But there is no indication it’s charging . And my battery is going lower and lower, and not charging.

Hi neighbors. As Chelsea mentioned earlier, you can see your power status in the Device Health section of the Ring app. If you are unsure of how to get there, this guide here will help you navigate to that screen. If this concern persists, try reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. I hope this is helpful.