Solar floodlight corroded inside housing

My Ring Solar Floodlight started having issues a few months ago and after being offline in the app, I took it down to see what was wrong. At first I thought it just had a weak charge from all the cloudy rainy days and the winter sunlight. Turns out the inside of the housing was rusted from water intrusion. I’ve tested the battery and it is fine, but the housing mounting section where the solar panel plugs into is rusted in a few places and will no longer accept power from the solar panel to recharge the battery.

Has anyone else come across this issue with the solar floodlights? Were you able to get it fixed or get replacement parts for the housing enclosure to replace just the bad part.

Hi @thor17usa. If your Solar Floodlight has any type of psychical damage, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further assist. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.