Solar charging in the northwest

My solar panel isn’t connected and I’ve reconnected to the unit with no luck. Any other tips? I also live in Seattle and the panel faces north so wondering if the panel provids any charging value #solarcharging

Hi @PSF. If the Solar Panel is receiving adequate sunlight and properly installed, it should say it is connected in the Ring App. Try disconnecting the Solar Panel, making sure there is no dirt or debris on it or your device, and reconnecting it. Make sure the Solar Panel is receiving direct sunlight and then check in the Ring App if it’s showing as connected. If it’s not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look and see what’s going on with the Solar Panel for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

If it’s facing north you’re most likely getting little to no direct sunlight, especially this time of the year. Is there any way you can relocate the panel to face south?

Is there any way Ring could provide EXTERNAL solar panel for Video Doorbell? I have similar situation, Doorbell 2 facing north, the solar panel integrated with doorbell bracket is working for at most 6 months of year. I have no way connecting hard wire to it, neither changing direction of the doorbell. I hesitate doing any DYI with Ring or other brand solar panels to not impact weatherproofness. Having a doorbell mount with connector for Ring Solar Panel (the one for Spotlight cams) would be great.

P.S.

Pdeethardt, I replied to your post, but the question is rather to @Caitlyn_Ring or other Ring support officials.

Hi @Lumac. Happy to chime in here. Perhaps a great option for you would be the Ring Plug-In Adapter. This provides a constant trickle charge to your Doorbell and completely eliminates the need for the Solar Charger. I recommend this because it is not dependent on sunlight. At this time, we do not have any plans for an external solar charger. I hope this information helps!