Solar Charger not charging

Hi i bought a solar charger and installed it 4 days ago. It keeps saying not connected so i have uninstalled it and installed it 4-5 times but keeps saying the same. I read other comments on it , the battery is now at 73% and still dropping so it is not charging. I get cloudy weather here in Glasgow but i still thought it would have charged from daylight. Can you do an update to get it charging in normal daylight. I paid £50 for this and feel it is a waste of money. If you cant fix it i want my money back. Calum

Hi @CalumRoberts. Is this a Solar Charger for a Doorbell or for a Cam? If it is for a Doorbell, I would ensure that the connections on the back of the Doorbell are secure. Next, I would reset your Doorbell and reconnect it to WiFi. You can perform a reset by pressing and holding the Setup Button for 20 seconds.

If this is for a Cam, try unplugging the Cam and making sure that there is no debris in the port. Once you’ve done that, you can follow the same steps to reset and reconnect your Cam to WiFi.

If you’ve tried this to no avail, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi . solar charger on its way back to you , just called UK number , replacement is getting sent

1 Like

HI @CalumRoberts. I’m glad that our support team was able to help you.

New solar panel arrived to day and after installation this is NOT working either , waste of money and i want my money back.

Replacement 2nd one installed a few days ago and battery is now at 43% and still dropping so it is not working and we have had direct sunlight here ( which is unusual for here ) so iy is safe to say solar charger is not working, I want a refund.

Not sure what’s happening but I’ve also struggled but finally resolved it in Solar panel on spotlight cams showing not connected - #2 by SolarEclipse just FYI.

Replacement 2nd one installed a few days ago and battery is now at 43% and still dropping so it is not working and we have had direct sunlight here ( which is unusual for here ) so iy is safe to say solar charger is not working, I want a refund.

Hi @CalumRoberts. This is the Ring Community, a neighbor to neighbor support forum. The support team does not monitor this forum and no account specific concerns can be resolved here. For account specific concerns, you’ll have to contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. You can find Rings return policy here.

1 Like