Solar charger for ring door bell

Do I need to charge the door bell to full charge before the solar charger starts helping? I installed the solar charger and connected the door bell back which was low on power, it keeps saying low on power.

Hi @Sujs. The Solar Charger works best on keeping the Doorbell fully charged as long as it is getting a proper solar charger for a few hours a day. We highly recommend charging your Doorbell to full and then install the Solar Charger for the Doorbell and seeing if that helps keep the battery full. :slight_smile:

Ok thank you I am charging the doorbell right now to full charge and connect it again to see if it works.

If it does, I don’t have to keep charging it again correct?

1 Like

@Sujs You may still need to charge it down the road, but if you are not having a lot of motion events that cause an battery drain on your device, then you should be OK to not charge it for a few months! If you still experience battery drain, please check out our Ring Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

I did a full charge on May 13th and now it’s asking me to charge again when though the solar battery is connected. Is this normal? I do have motion alerts

@Sujs Can you tell me how many events you are having in between these times (Events will be Live View, ding, motion, Linked Device events)? If you are having more than 10 events a day, this could be the reason for the drainage. If you are not having that many events a day, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.