Solar charger connected but not charging

I bought and installed a solar panel for my 2nd gen doorbell, it states it is connected and able to charge but doesn’t charge the battery. It is in a south facing position and gets direct sunlight

Hi Kozbog, I’ve got same issue… anyone has responded to you? thanks

Hi neighbors! If you have both recently purchased and setup the Solar Panel, allowing several hours of direct sunlight after initial setup should result in this being indicated in your Ring app Device Health. If it is not, please check your Solar Panel connection to your Ring device to ensure the connections are secure. I recommend also checking out our Community post about battery drain to ensure the charge supplied is most effective. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My door bell states that the solar panel is connected and able to charge but it is not charging the doorbell

Hi neighbors. The Solar Charger for your Doorbell is designed to provide a trickle charge on your Doorbell and help maintain the current battery level. If you find that this is not happening, and the information in that Marley shared is not a contributing factor, you can reach out to our support team to look at your account and determine the next best steps for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.