Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
D
Snoozing motion alerts also snoozes linked chimes
chime-pro
snooze
app-request
chime
If I snooze motion alerts on any Ring Doorbell or Camera, I want to be able to tell it to also snooze any alerts from going off on a linked Chime. In our home, we linked a Ring Chime to our Ring Doorbell so we can hear when someone is at the door regardless if they ring the doorbell or not. However, when we snooze motion alerts on the Ring Doorbell, the linked Chime still continues to sound off whenever motion is detected. The only thing that is snoozed is the smartphone alert. I have to manually snooze the Chime if I want some quiet when we have someone working the yard. This is also unsafe because it causes ALL chime alerts to be snoozed as opposed to just ignoring alerts from the camera I put on snooze. Please update this so that the snooze settings carry over from Ring Doorbells/Cameras to any linked Chimes.

07-07-2020 12:37:46

Responses (28)

B
Hello: The Global Snooze is great but it should include all chimes. Right now I have to do the global snooze, then go to each chime and snooze it. If someone knows a way to do this, please share. Thanks,

04-09-2020 08:18:32

A
I have exactly same this problem. When we are doing gardening in the front of the house, the chimes keep going off over and over driving people still in the house crazy. (There are also several dozen useless videos). I thought snooze would work on all linked devices and was shocked to learn that it doesn't. There really needs to be an option to have the Snooze apply to ALL motion notifications from a device..

28-09-2020 04:06:55

K
I agree. You should be able to “snooze all.”

21-07-2022 06:27:08

M
Yes please. Our doorbell has been doing the same since we started being out in the garden more. Near drives us daft!

26-05-2023 09:33:05

D
Hey Andy, Thanks for sharing your frustration with this too. I think that surely there are many more of us who are unhappy about this exact same thing, but just too bothered to sign into the community just to share their feedback. It's such a hassle to even sign in with two-factor and all that. They really could just put all the feedback forums into the app somewhere that keeps our account signed in, but that's a whole other topic. I would really like to see the Amazon and Ring team iron out these details rather than looking to the next big technology item like flying security drones... the software performance and just UX in general could use a lot more polish.

29-09-2020 12:45:55

N
**_The exact same problem happens with linked Alexa Echo devices_**. I have a Chime Pro and several Echos and even though I snooze motion alerts, I still get them - not only on my chime, but also on all of the Echos! On a typical day, I take a walk during the time my wife is sleeping and snooze the doorbell - but she always gets woken up because the chime and all of the Echos in the house still announce my motion! They have known about this problem for **well over a year** and very politely "refer it to the development team", but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GETS DONE TO FIX IT. The only solution was for me to REMOVE the Ring skill from my Alexa devices - so now I can't control anything on Ring from them. They sure do advertise that I am able to do so though! **_False advertising, if you ask me_**. This is really an unacceptable situation. I was planning to buy many more Ring devices - but now those plans are on hold until this situation gets fixed.

30-11-2020 10:25:55

K
Only disarm will silence the chimes. But then you need a reminder to switch it on again, something I will continually forget. There goes my security. I either get used to ignoring there chimes, very hard and annoying, or I am not sure I switched it back on again.

30-12-2020 06:08:23

K
This is not a feature. It is broken. All I want is to shoot some hoops with my daughter without the friggin chimes going off the whole damn time ! I snooze all ring devices, but does it do that ? fuck no !!!!!!!!

30-12-2020 05:50:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User