Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
A
Smart lighting devices connected to bridge but not seen in Ring app
works-with-ring
troubleshooting

Recently bought a house equipped with Ring outdoor lighting. The lighting devices are Harbor Breeze spot lights and walkway lights that work with Ring. I’ve setup the transformer and bridge and I can turn all lights on or off. I need to change the lighting color (currently stuck on green/red from Christmas) but I do not see the individual smart lights in the Ring App at all to control them. I’ve checked under my outdoor groups and under my bridge device and all I see is “transformer” lights with an on/off. I have also created a group at one point (which I’ve since deleted) and I still couldn’t see the Harbor Breeze lights to control them. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

14-02-2024 01:32:46

Responses (2)

A

More screenshots of what the app is showing me.

14-02-2024 01:34:20

T

Hi @Abap1. Thank you for sharing these images. It looks as if you have these connected via the Ring Smart Lighting Transformer. Essentially, this allows non-Ring, non-Smart Lights to be controlled via the Ring app. This control allows for on/off operation and scheduling. However, this does not allow for device specific controls such as color changing. For that, you’ll need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. If I remember correctly, there should be a button on the back of the lights that allows you to change color, depending on the specific Harbor Breeze light. I hope this helps.

16-02-2024 06:50:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User