Smart light issue with motion

My question is : these RING devices, are all linked. As you can see 4 garden lights 1 solar wall light 1 mailbox sensor.

I want “only” my mailbox sensor to give me audible alerts, but it lf I turn motion alerts off on solar lights, the lights will never come on, but if I keep motion alerts on for only solar wall light & mailbox sensor, I get alerts all day long from roaming cats, even with the sensitivity setting at lowest.

My garden lights are linked to my solar wall light so when I go on my porch at night all the outdoor lights come on illuminating my path, which I want. I’m just tired of getting alerts from my lights, when I only want audible alerts from my mailbox sensor.

SO my dilemma as I see it ; Is if I turn OFF motion alerts on my lights they NEVER turn on with motion.

But if I leave motion alerts switched ON I get way too MANY audible alerts all day & night,

Even in my phone’s Settings/Notifications/Apps(Ring)/settings for individual alerts for RING/ … ALL of them checked ON… should I uncheck any …

Again. ONLY audible alerts I want on my phone is mailbox sensor … However: I want my outdoor lighting to turn ON with motion but NOT alerts me…

What can I do ? Any suggestions

Hi @Sprr1947. When you toggle off Motion Alerts for your light group, that should only stop the alerts and not prevent your Smart Lights from activating. To verify, when you toggle off Motion Alerts for the Group, check each individual Smart Light and you should see that Motion Detection is still toggled on. If toggling off Motion Alerts is keeping your Smart Lights from turning on with motion, verify your Ring app is up-to-date. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

As for your Mailbox Sensor, if it is in the group with the other Smart Lights and you toggle off Motion Alerts it will not notify you. My suggestion would be to separate just the Mailbox Sensor into a different group and keep Motion Alerts on.