Smart alert missing person motion

I noticed that the person motion alert/notification doesn’t get triggered when the person wasn’t showing in the initial video recording. It does get captured/recorded as motion not not as a person motion. For example, when someone drives up to my driveway and get off the car to my door, it gets recorded by just a motion. I’m guessing because there is no person detected initially because it’s a car driving up. By the time the person is walking out of the car, the smart alert is no longer processing the video to detect person. I have missed a few notification about delivery person coming to my door because of this. I think Ring should fix it by analyzing the video throughout the record and trigger the person motion notification when it detects the person later in the recording.

Smart alerts are a good idea but you do not get a notification alert if something triggers the video that’s not a person. If the camera sees a person during the video it needs to trigger. This happens when a car pulls up and the person gets out and there is no notification. So I miss all alerts from visiting guest whom park in my driveway. it only works if someone walks up to your house off the street. I don’t want to turn off smart alerts so the possums and cats do not set up my ring in the middle of the night. Please address this! It’s a great feature just needs some tweaking!

I have this same issue. If I drive up in the car and get out, the “motion detection”’screening has already happened and I will not get a person detected alert. I get out of my car and walk up and into my house and still no alert. This is obviously a flaw, can someone from ring support review this and advise?

I also want to mention that in the case where you want a notification only when a person is detected, you will miss many occurrences. I am not on a busy street, but I do want to know when someone enters my monitoring zone. If a car drives by I don’t care to get a notification. So like others mentioned if a car drives by and during the recording someone walks into my yard, i will not get a notification. The person detection is a great feature, and needs to be extended beyond just the trigger.

Is there a Ring person who can speak to this? I’ve noticed this too and would love a fix for this.

If you’re like me where you have your smart alert settings record both motion and people but only alert for a person (to limit the notifications) then this change may also peak your interest. If a motion recording is triggered and the setting is set to not alert, a new trigger should take place if the same motion recording detects a person. For example: a car pulls into the driveway triggering a motion recording, but no alert. Immediately following the motion trigger the person steps out of the car. The person being recorded under the motion trigger should initiate a person alert in order to not miss this event. Instead I get no alerts of cars pulling into my driveway then getting out and approaching my house.

Hello:

I was trying to use the Smart Alerts for one of my Cameras. I like the idea that you can set the camera to record if a person is sensed and you can get a notification.

I also like the idea that you can record “other” motion like cars and NOT get an alert.

So I set my camera to record and notify when people are sensed. And I also set my camera to record only when other motion is sensed.

Here is the problem:

1. Car enters my driveway and “other motion” gets sensed so it starts to record. Then someone gets out of the car and walks to my front door. However, this “person” motion is not sensed because the camera is already recording. Therefore - I have received NO notification and there is someone at my front door! Is there a way to get a person notification when the camera is already recording “other motion”.

please advise