Slow Processing

Hi, has anyone else noticed it takes a lot longer for Ring to process a video. Example: Ring notification comes up on you phone to say someone is in my drive way but I am unable to view the footage for at least 10 minutes or more. Processing used to happen a lot faster. To me it seems like Ring has over populated a server and the server is having to process too much data resulting in a slower service to the customer.

No issues with live view.

Hi @ScottB119. Which model of Ring Doorbell or Security Camera is this happening on? What is the RSSI listed on the Device Health page? Typically, a video should only take a few moments to process after it is recorded. Does this happen with every video on that device, or is it only specific events that took longer to process?

Hi Caitlin, this happens on all 5 cameras and not just video processing the but the snap shots are delayed as well. See image you can see that the snap shots are about 12 minutes behind. Snap shots are set to every 30 seconds. Live feeds always work well.

RSSI is 58 on the camera in the shot and is a flood light cam wired pro.

Our router is a Net Gear Night Hawk X6 R8000 and we have 100mps up load speed with our fiber provider.

Thanks for the prompt reply

@ScottB119 I’d recommend checking the RSSI for each Camera to see if any of them are in the higher range, as that could be the cause of video processing and snapshot delays. After reviewing the RSSI for each Camera and ensuring it’s indicating a strong signal, try performing a reboot of each device in the Ring app. You can find the steps on how to reboot your Camera here. If these delays persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.