Slightly concerned

Good morning. Recently I have been having the strangest thing happening with my cameras. For some reason, someone or something is deleting footage on my time line. It’s been happening for the last week. Is there anyway to see what device deleted it? I’ve changed password a couple times in the past week and just removed any authorized devices. I live alone and am the only user.

I have over a dozen of these events screen shotted. And no, I did not delete any myself

Weak WIFI signal will do it

Hi there, @Load! This should certainly not be happening as long as you are not deleting these events, these events are not older than 60 days, and your Protect Plans subscription is active or did not lapse. As @Ldr5099 mentioned, ensuring for efficient network communication will help with video. Here is our Community post about RSSI and wifi signal strength.

Try also checking your recordings by logging in at Ring.com via web browser. If this concern persists despite trying the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I recently had a lot of events temporarily disappear but then quickly reappeared. I think as Marley said, it depends a lot on strong communication. Check the RSSI signal under Device Health. Ring says -65 to -41 is sufficient and -40 and lower is basically excellent.