Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
P
Siren activated automatically when motion detected
hardwired-security-cameras
wireless-security-cameras
app-request
If it can’t be added to cams, what about a stand alone siren that is activated from motion stand alone and from connected devices. Watching the video hours later after the thief has broken car window and made off with the loot does not help since most are wearing hoodies and face coverings. We need a loud siren to scare them away before they have time to steal. C’mon get with the engineering dept. and get it on the market.

06-05-2020 03:24:47

Responses (50)

W
The Indoor Camera siren can only be activated manually. There’s no option to link the siren from one indoor camera to another. There’s no option to enable the siren when motion is detected. That makes the siren useless. I’m talking about the small $59 indoor camera. Please add a feature whereby the siren can sound on motion detection. Please add a feature whereby linked devices can trigger the siren on other indoor cams.

07-04-2020 11:07:29

C
There definitely needs to be an ability to set a routine to have the alarm auto triggered in various scenarios. Often people aren’t accessing their accounts and want the alarm to trigger if they are not home.

16-01-2021 08:04:10

J
This is really needed option! If burglar intrudes to your home / company / store and you have cameras there but not any other alarm system.

27-01-2021 08:49:46

THIS! Burglar can come at 3 AM, break into car smashing windows and all we get is a phone notification once we wake up. Allow me to set the camera's siren to activate!

03-02-2021 08:10:38

C
Just bought Indoor Cam - the siren function doesn’t work. I click to activate, it gives me a message about shutting off automatically after 30 secs, but then nothing happens. The siren is silent.

27-07-2021 05:39:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User