Silencing Ring Notification While Home

We have two floodlight cameras, a doorbell, and two additional floodlights installed around our house. When someone leaves in the morning the notifications drive me crazy to the point where I want to take everything down and go back to no Ring devices. I don’t feel I should have to purposely go into each camera setting and snooze it for a few hours just so I don’t get bombarded with alerts. I do realize this could easily be an error on my part in not understanding the settings in the Ring app. Is there a setting I am missing that says we are home and don’t need so many alerts?

Also, I no longer see my Ring Bridge in the devices list within the app, so I can’t even silence the floodlights but they somehow still are working. I appreciate any feedback you could give to help me figure this out. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey @SilveI2ado. I have great news! If you utilize the Motion Alerts feature, you can schedule times where you do not want to receive these alerts. You can learn more about how to do this in our Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

For the Bridge, are you the owner of the devices or the shared user? If you’re the owner, you should still see it under the devices list. If you’re the shared user, reach out to whomever is the owner and see if they can re-share this with you. In the event you still cannot see this either way, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have a suggestion for the Ring app on this. It would be nice to have under mode settings a silence button or alert button that you could turn off depending on which mode you were in. It would be nice if I selected the home button and all the cameras I have motion alerts turned off on would be silenced. Just an idea!

13 Likes

I just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to do this. The only way I can figure out is to turn notifications off in my iPhone settings, which is not ideal. That means that when I leave the house or go to bed I have to remember to turn them back on.

3 Likes

LARing, you have it just right.

It’s not about scheduling. This is what “home modes” should be for (in my opinion).

One click, no notifications (if that is what you choose), when home. (it still should detect motion and record it, just not notify).

This should even be tied in to geofencing.

why is this so hard?

10 Likes

We really need this. I know we can disable or enable motion detection based on modes… I still want motion recorced; I just don’t want notifications in certain cases.

8 Likes

I just removed my nest cam iq. I used to be able to set up the alerts so when my phone was at home the alerts we’re disabled then when I left home, with my phone, the alerts would be enabled. If ring can’t do this I can’t do ring. Help!

3 Likes

Hi there, @Tom16! You might find interest in this Community post about our latest Geofence Auto-snooze feature.

As mentioned above, this can also be accomplished via motion scheduling. In addition, there is a Snooze feature and Modes that can also accomplish similar things.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I just want to be able to set my home mode to where during that time it silences the notifications on my phone and only sends them to my chime. It’s really annoying hearing it go off on both. Am I missing a way to do this or am I stuck with having to go in my phone and silence it every time I come home?

3 Likes

Hi @GreenEyedLuv5. There isn’t a way to control whether or not you receive notifications based on the Mode you have your Cameras set on. However, you can use the Motion Snooze feature to silence notifications for a set amount of time. You could use this feature when you arrive home, as an example.

1 Like

OMG this is so intuitive to have that third toggle in mode settings to change motion alerts based on mode. If I am in Disarmed mode I do don’t want to get that notifications but I want cameras to capture all movements just in case. And don’t tell me you can snooze them because I am planning to use 7 cameras around my house. And I am sure that is so easy for programmers to add that little but so much important feature. Anyone found any solutions or ideas ?

5 Likes

@Marley_Ring I expected that when I set the Mode to “Disarmed” my cameras would still record motion but I would not receive motion alerts. But I still get motion alerts! The Mode feature is much less useful because of this. Currently I have to set the mode to “Disarmed” – and then I have to do additional work to either create a schedule to silence motion alerts (but the schedule is problematic because what if I need to leave house?) or I can snooze them through geofencing or the snooze feature (but this doesn’t work well if I’ll be home a long time or I’m not sure how long I’ll be home). Silencing motion alerts in the “Disarmed” mode would make the Mode feature more useful, would solve the problem of the folks posting on this page, and would make your customers happy! Please consider. Thanks, Matt

3 Likes

Has this been resolved yet. I’ve just put an internal cam in my kitchen, now it tells me I’m in my kitchen - I already know this. If my phone is home, I don’t want alerts, but I do want recording and snapshots to keep happening.

3 Likes

I can not believe that this isn’t resolved. It’s enough for me to get rid of the entire system…!

@Marley_Ring , You and Chelsea_Ring just aren’t getting it! We want to turn on certain motion alerts on certain camera’s when Away and off when we get Home automatically. I have 9 of your overpriced camera’s and pay for the Protection Plan (which also seems to keep going up for no additional benefit). We don’t want to jump through multiple hoops, schedules or snooze each and every camera! I DO NOT come and go on a regular schedule. I DO hit Away or Home Modes. In my search of this forum this has been request for two years. @Tom16 says it clearly, “I just removed my nest cam. I used to be able to set up the alerts so when my phone was at home the alerts we’re disabled then when I left home, with my phone, the alerts would be enabled. If ring can’t do this I can’t do ring.” If Nest can do this, what is Rings problem?

I share the rage and frustration explained by the first poster. Ex. last night changing the oil on wife’s car, both our phones in the garage, every movement, twitch, door opnening, beer run, forgotten wrench and head call was annouced over three devices… I wanted to smash the thing. How about an update where we can hit a simple button labelled “SHUT UP!” and have it do that for a few hours?

Hi @RickJames. There is a feature that is available called Global Snooze. It allows you to snooze motion alerts for all your Doorbells and Cameras at one location. Review this Help Center page on how to use this feature. I hope this is what you were looking for when you stated that there should be a button that silences multiple Camera motion notifications for a few hours.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.