Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
B
'Silence' Ring doorbell ringer

I’d like to be able to snooze the doorbell during baby nap time, so they don’t get woken up.

Maybe if the Quick Responses could be activated during this period, that would be great.

Ideally this feature would be manual or scheduled, and I’d be able to choose no notifications, silent (system alert, not doorbell sound) notifications, and mechanical chime on/off.

28-08-2022 07:38:49

Responses (10)

U

As far as I can tell, you can only ‘silence’ the doorbell Version 4 manually, e.g. overnight, using Modes which have to be activated & deactivated manually via the app???

You need to be able to deactivate the doorbell automatically between set hours, similar to Do Not Disturb on a phone. Can’t believe this is not possible!

25-11-2022 07:54:49

C

Hi @user12385. Can you please clarify what you mean when you want your Video Doorbell 4 to be silenced? Are you referring to the ringer on the Doorbell itself, or are you referring to notifications from motion detection?

25-11-2022 11:18:00

U

I mean the doorbell itself - who wants to be woken at (e.g.) 4a.m. by a passing drunk who thinks it is funny to ring your doorbell!

23-08-2023 10:22:44

U

I’m surprised that the ring has no nighttime silent mode. I use do not disturb on my iPhone - but would like to let ring continue to notify me - but only motion detection in one of the units.
I need to schedule each device.

05-12-2023 02:12:01

V

I agree. Personally, I would like to disable or silence the chimes in my house when in away mode. Binding it to time or mode is irrelevant — these are smart devices and have the capability to do so. It’s a feature request that is a major UX improvement.

11-12-2023 06:25:02

A

hello, could this be introduced at a later date in app update?

15-12-2023 12:11:51

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User