Shutting Down PC app? Really?

I just received a note that the PC app will be discontinued shortly. This is appalling, as I do not have a smartphone that will support the Ring app. Also, I perform my work on the PC, and have the Ring app open in a window for the cameras and doorbell. Please explain why this decision was made, and a reason why you would not consider keeping it active. This is not only a big deal for me, but also people I know of who have Ring systems and no smartphone in a senior community which I provide computer support for, many of who I helped setup their Ring systems. Your decision just opened up a big can of worms for me.

Hi @Fisherman, we understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback. You can now access Live View from your Ring.com account through your supported web browser. Depending on what device you have, this feature update allows you to use two-way talk, enable sound, activate your siren, or turn on the lights.

Once again, we do appreciate your feedback on the discontinuation of the Ring Desktop app and we will be sharing it with our team. Please see our Help Center article here for more info on this. Thank you for your understanding!