Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
A
Show doorbell or intercom notification as phone call
intercom
notifications
app-request
Most of the time I have the notifications on my iPhone on silent, so I can stay focused when I'm at work. However, when someone rings my doorbell, I do want to be notified. I think it would be great if the Ring app would integrate with CallKit on iOS. That way, I can also answer the doorbell using the buttons on my bluetooth headset or even carkit. And that way I get a constant "notification" like a phone call. I'm pretty sure similar APIs exists for Android.

29-05-2020 12:55:33

Responses (24)

C
+1 Again, this request has been posted countless times. Is this monotores by anyone at all, or is this just a page for us to vent our frustrations?

03-08-2020 08:03:29

F
I've wanted this forever. Come on Ring, PLEASE at least comment whether it's in your roadmap.

29-08-2020 02:43:14

S
this would be important for such premium device! i'd love to have that feature both on iphone and ipad

24-10-2020 03:13:10

N
Where is the call alert !!! I keep my phone silent. Still, I don't miss calls because my smartwatch. Then again I miss all alerts from my Ring video doorbell 2 and Ring door view cam... This is ridiculous since they are essentially calling devices. This completely negates the idea of being able to answer your door like you are at home while you are not. I'm already angry enough for paying good money for these devices and being denied of functions if I don't also pay a monthly fee. Then again, not being able to view Ring video on Google Nest hub pisses me of (though this is probably also Google's doing - a reason to avoid both Ring and Nest). Finally, it makes me furious that my expensive video doorbells essentially serve no purpose without the call alert function! I expect to be answered on these questions by Ring and to have the call alert asap. Otherwise I must inform everyone I can on these deal breaking short-comings and advice others to do the same. Jussi

01-01-2021 01:16:41

C
I have extreme order regret. I had just assumed that the Ring Video Doorbell 3, being such a widely used device, would allow you to actually use it as an intercom. By the the time I've had to navigate past the notifications and unlock my phone, any caller has left already. I'm better off going back to the 6 year old cheap Chinese WiFi video doorcam where you could at least talk to the person at the door before they left.

16-01-2021 06:47:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User