Show battery percentage or levels for all devices in one place

Ring Product Development: You have the APIs already, give us a 1 page “Battery Status for All Devices” page, with options to group by device type or not, sort by battery status, Device type or name.

I have 60+ devices connected. When I make time to change batteries for Ring devices, I want to change all the devices that are low or almost low. I hate getting an alert, changing a battery, then a week later getting another alert. Let us be methodical about it. Going one by one is horrible.

You should be encouraging volume users, making it easy. Those of us moving over from ADT and other whole house solutions need easy of use/maintenance.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Currently you have to go into each device settings to see battery usage. Add a battery icon and power % to the Home Screen next to the settings gear icon. It would be nice to see that important information on one screen.

Even one level down you only see that they are charging, but not % charge.

Lastly, a keypad on battery you have no way of knowing % charge like other devices. Add % to this screen.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this. This is a stupidly simple function that would save anyone with more than 5 ring devices a crap ton of worry and anxiety over their batteries health. Why this isn’t implemented yet is beyond me. I bet they’re purposefully not doing it so that users will buy their solar panels.

1 Like

Iv’e been asking for this for 2 years. The ears are deaf unless the profit is big.

1 Like

Totally Agree. I’ve got a bunch of cameras on battery. This would be super nice to have a battery status that shows all cameras. Hard to believe this has not happened yet.

1 Like

I would like to see a feature added to the app that allows you to see all of your battery health in one screen for Ring pathway lights. I have quite a few pathway lights and will be adding more this summer and the way you have to navigate multiple screens is cumbersome and you cannot see a total status.

Why don’t we have this yet? We need a battery status page, it’s a safety issue. I have 8 smoke alarms and 4 outdoor cams, need to see status at a glance.

1 Like

Rather than having to go through each device’s health page, it would be very useful to, at a glance, ascertain the battery levels, solar status, and WiFi strength of all of my devices.

1 Like

First of all, I am disappointed that the desktop apps are being removed plus the fact that you don’t support Safari as well which is a major blow to Mac users imo.

However, one thing that always annoys me is not being able to see a list of battery percentages of every Ring device I have… I just want to be able to go onto a page and see a list of every device and the state of the battery of the device.

This type of feature should be fairly easy to implement?

Cheers

1 Like

I am hoping Ring can add a feature where with the click of a button, you can check ALL your ring devices, ring alarm sensors, etc. to see if any of batteries are getting low or should be changed soon. It would be like a quick system check system.
I know you get notifications, but I have a camera and ring alarm with sensors set up for my 80 year old Mom, and don’t get notification from her system. She gets confused on what the notifications are and doesn’t always tell me until the batteries run out. Right now it is time consuming to open the doorbell camera and the ring alarm and scroll thru 14 sensors to check if one has a low battery. If I could go to her location on my app, click the button to check the status, this would be very helpful. It would also be helpful if you are going on vacation and will be away for a couple weeks to see what batteries are getting low and might run out soon.

1 Like

Why can’t the battery percentage be displayed for each battery operated camera on the main dashboard?

As a minimum, when in the settings for each camera, the actual percentage should be displayed as a numerical next to the battery symbol rather than having to click into yet another menu!

1 Like

I totally agree with you Yelper, maybe they will try and add it in future :man_shrugging:t3:

Current app UI/UX requires multiple steps to interrogate each connected device’s battery SOC and return to the dashboard. This barely meets MVP requirements for users with up to 1 battery powered device.
A single display panel on the dashboard, or a button leading to a singular display of all battery charge levels, would greatly facilitate monitoring and charging of multiple devices.

1 Like

Hi, would it be possible in a future revision of the App to have a Battery page showing battery levels across all Ring devices to save having to enter each device and then Device Health?

2 Likes

@Ring ^^^
Get on this issue stat! It is evident MANY users (including me) need this functionality.
Is there any timeframe?
Thank you!

1 Like

Not having this feature is a safety issue. If someone is going to be away from the property for a period of time, the only way to check the battery levels is to go into each device and individually check, and it is really easy to lose track of where you are in the list and miss one. I know it can be done, my brother has his Ring alarm components in HomeAssistant and it shows the battery levels on the dashboard. I just don’t want to set up HomeAssistant just to get this feature.

Add percent for Solar path lights next to the device name.

Got to say I agree with everyone this would make things much quicker.
Please :pray: