Sharing Videos via Ring App

When I try to share a video using the app, as soon as I click share the ring app forces my phone to restart. I am using the Google Pixel 6 android phone.

Has anyone else had any issues? I think this started after the latest app update. I have tried to force stop, clear cache, clear storage, uninstall and reinstall. Nothing has worked yet.

I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro and the same thing happens. As soon as I share a video, my phone restarts. Heading over to the Google Play store now to report it. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

1 Like

Good Luck! I reported it on the play store also. At least I know it’s not just me!

Hi neighbors! Can you let me know which version of the Ring app you’re on as well as which version of Android OS you have on your phones? I’d like to check with my team on this. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue with a pixel 5. Using Ring version 3.52.0
Never had the problem in the past. Fairly new issue

I have the android version 12

Hi I have the same issue also on pixel 6. is there a fix?

I just realized I have the same exact issue. It reboots every time I try to share. Pixel 6 running Ring app 3.52.0 on Android version 12.

Hey neighbors. Thanks for this information. I’ll pass this feedback to my team to look into this. In the mean time, try adjusting these settings in your Android:

Settings < Apps < Ring < Defaults < turn off Open Supported Links.

This should allow you to share videos while we investigate this issue. If you are still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. I’ll mark this post as a solution so that other neighbors experiencing this issue can easily find this post. Thanks, neighbors.

2 Likes

Hey neighbors. As we are actively looking into this concern about your phone rebooting while sharing a video, we need to ask you for assistance. Using another phone, could you record a video of this happening? This will give the team looking into this some help while creating a solution for this issue. You can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Thank you for you support, neighbors.

1 Like

This workaround works! I disabled the Open supported links setting and the phone doesn’t reboot.

What is Open supported links anyway? Am I missing anything by turning it off?

Thanks

I tried these settings and my Pixel 6 still restarts