Sharing Ring transformer

How can I share my Ring transformer? When I try I’m told grouped devices can’t be shared. When I try to remove the transformer from the group, my only options are to move it to another group. I share Ring with family members who would like to be able to control the lights from the app.

Hi @ButchJK. At this time, there is not a way to add Shared Users for devices in a Smart Lighting system. This would be why you’re receiving that message. Rest assured we’ve received feedback on this before and have passed it onto our teams. Additionally, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring I am wondering the same! Is there another way to grant access to a Shared User so they can control the lights? Or is the Owner the only one that can do it? Definitely needs to change if that’s the case. What good is the Floodlight Wired if only one person can turn it on/off? Thanks!

@peck1404 Shared Users cannot be added to Smart Lighting devices at this time. You can add this suggestion to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there as it helps us organize suggestions and share them with the appropriate teams. :slight_smile: