Shared User Flaw!

Hello, I’m recently a new customer to Ring. I purchased the Peephole Ring Door Cam and I think it works great. The Shared User feature is great for allowing someone to access your camera for reasons you might not be able to access it yourself.

But what I think is the dumbest thing about this feature is that a “Shared User” can alter “Owner” initiated camera settings. RING is all about security, but this is a serious loop-hole in the system that need to be changed ASAP.

Reason being: You might be able to trust everybody but not everybody can be trusted… “Owners” should be the only ones who can access ANY settings for Ring devices! “Shared Users” should only be allowed to view “Live View” and “Event History” without the ability to alter the Event History list!

Hi @UnholySnail6. Owners and Shared Users are designed to have different levels of access in the Ring App. This Help Center article here will show the access that both users have. If you have a suggestion on how to improve this feature, try sharing it on our Feature Request board.

Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!