Share Thermostat with Shared Users

Ability to share thermostat to other shared users

Hey neighbor! Just wondering, what kind of thermostat do you have that you wish to have a shared user on? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

We just moved from Vivint over to Ring. We like it so far, but we can’t seem to both have access to both our thermostats. I as account owner have access. But my wife as a shared user does not. I’d like to have that implemented. Thanks!

I can see the full integration of the Honeywell T9 on my Ring app as the owner but my husband can’t see the thermostat at all as a shared user. Is there any way to have this integration made available for shared users?

We just bought a Honeywell t9 thermostat and I would love to have access to it on the dashboard as a shared user. I have downloaded their app on my phone and have access there as a user but can’t integrate into my ring dashboard. Only my husband can see it.

Honeywell Home T6 Pro. It would be great if a shared user can use it through the Ring app as well.

Totally agree that Ring is lacking here. It makes sense that certain features should only be available to the account owner, but adjusting the thermostat temperature is not one of them. I’m the account owner and was away on a business trip eight time zones away and then my wife left home and couldn’t remember if she had adjusted the thermostat. She had to contact me so I could check. This is crazy. The same applies to garage door access. My wife was able to see on the garage camera that the door was closed, but if she had left it open she wouldn’t be able to close it.

If it is a technical challenge to grant shared users access to devices that use third part apps, like thermostats and garage doors, then consider an additional access category called ‘Joint Owner’ that is basically a mirror of the owner. At least I could then set my wife with her own name rather than having her logged into her Ring app as me so that she has access to all the devices. The Ring help desk must be inundated with calls from users who cannot fully control their Ring system because the owner is incapacitated.