Share Smart Lighting and Light Groups

I agree. I just set it up. I thought I would at least be able to share this with my wife.

Still absolutely ridiculous that smart lights cannot be shared. I bought a smart plug and figured out this product could not be shared. So glad I didn’t buy the blub.

I really enjoy your product and ecosphere. PLEASE BE ABLE TO SHARE SMART LIGHTS WITH PARTNERS!

1 Like

I can’t believe this isn’t shareable…wtf Ring, why not shareable on such basic usage device? Gheez… about ready to swap brands again.

Yes, this is broken. Really nice interesting hardware. I’m not sure why the software is broken. Can really see investing anymore money into rings outdoor solution. How can you not share control of lights?

It’s the last day of 2023. I got my first ring product in March of 2021 and learned I couldn’t share my light controls with my wife. I saw this post back then with a request to have this feature added. I am extremely sad to see that here we are, the end of 2023, and this still isn’t an option.

Seriously. I’m so close to the point of just swapping out my whole system. Does anyone have any modern suggestions?

1 Like

First really big disappointment in Ring. People have been taking mail in our neighborhood and our mail gets delivered late. Surely Ring’s mailbox sensor will allow my wife & I to know when the mail has arrived.

No. Ring fail.

I purchased the mailbox sensor & bridge, set it up, and all looks good. But why can’t my wife see it on her phone? THE MAILBOX SENSOR ONLY WORKS FOR A SINGLE USER?!?!?

Now (after getting duped into the purchase) I see posts about this deficiency going back several years… so, I’m not optimistic it will be fixed anytime soon. Until it is fixed, this really should be made much clearer in the advertisement for the mail sensor & bridge: “Allows ONE FAMILY MEMBER to be notified of mail. If you think you & your spouse can monitor mail, think again.”

Venting here. Only expecting to get ignored or yet another empty promise of “Thanks for the feedback, will let our development team know about your concerns.” But, who knows, maybe someone from Ring will say “Yes, we know this makes the mailbox sensor & bridge nearly useless for families and we’ve been getting this feedback for years, so we have prioritized making the mailbox sensor & bridge shareable and expect an update to fix this in 2024 Q2.” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Incredible that sharing of lights hasn’t been implemented yet.

2 Likes

The fact that is still in an issue is not good. People pay for a service that one should be able to have full capabilities of. If we can let users have an account and see cameras, then they should also have access to other features if the primary account user oks it.

2 Likes

Amazing that it’s been three years of strong feedback and the product team has not prioritized this feature. Product teams should focus on their customers first and foremost - even if the feature is “boring”.

1 Like

How has this been ignored for so long?
This is an essential feature.

2 Likes

Sharing lights has to be added as a feature. How is it possible it is still not an option after so many years?

2 Likes

Very suprising this feature hasn’t been added!

1 Like

Still, 4 years after this request, no action? I can share cameras and other sensitive devices with anyone, however, I cannot allow my wife to turn on/off a patio light as needed?

1 Like

After all this time, is the RING team really considering resolving this issue?
I will gladly return my purchases and find other means as replacements.
This is crazy that my family members cannot access our devices.

2 Likes

Dear RING,
Please follow through with this feature request of allowing sharing of control over lighting.
I have a pet bird that gets spooked when we open our garage door after dark. These frights are terrible on him - he will bash around in his cage, greatly injuring his wings. We then need to get him veterinary care following the frights. I purchased ring lighting so that my partner and I can turn on the lights before coming home to prevent my bird’s freakouts. (We don’t have a living situation where it is easy to park the car on the street to then go inside to turn on the lights for him, then open the garage - there is nowhere near our place to park).
I am very sad to learn that I cannot share access to the lights with my partner. What a huge failure in not providing this feature! Please consider adding this feature. With how your products currently stand - ring lights are not fully solving a problem we thought we could solve with your devices.