Setting Chime Alerts

I have a Ring Doorbell (2020 Release), a Chime (2nd Generation) and now a Chime Pro (2nd Generation). On the Dashboard, when I select either the Chime and the Chime Pro, and go to Audio Settings - Chime Alerts, I am prompted to Set Up a Ring Product although both devices have already been set up. However, I can select Chime Tones.
I found that if go to Devices, select the Ring Doorbell, and select Linked Chimes, I am then given the option to select Doorbell Ring and/or Motion Detected.
This second method seems to work but I feel like I should be able to do what I want using Audio Settings - Chime Alerts.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Hi @Beayco. That’s interesting, would you be able to share a screen recording of this so I can see exactly what’s happening? You can then upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. That way I can take a look and share this with my team if needed. :slight_smile:

Caitlyn_Ring YouTube Link in next comment.
It’s a series of 13 sequencial screenshots. You should be able to follow the flow.

Here’s the latest link: https://youtu.be/jPVZKCl79jw

@Beayco Thank you for sharing that! Try unlinking your Ring devices from the Chimes you have them linked to, and re-linking them. After that is all set up, test out the Chimes shortcut on the Dashboard again and let me know if it’s still showing the same message when you select Chime Alerts under Audio Settings.

@Caitlyn_Ring. I’ve already tried about everything. Unlinking, uninstalling the app, rebooting devices, even switch from a Chimes to a Chimes Pro. Acts the same on iPad and iPhone. No matter what, it doesn’t recognize the Chimes for setting the Alerts.

1 Like

@Beayco Thanks for letting me know. In this case, can you please reach out to our support team about this? Feel free to direct them to this thread as well, but they may need to troubleshoot further since this shortcut still isn’t working properly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how the call to support goes as well.