Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
N
Separate volumes for motion and ring
chime-pro
app-request
Hi, looking to have the volume sliders for motion and ring separate, so you can have ring louder than motion for example. at the moment they are linked, even though each section has the slider which in itself seems strange, if they can't be separate then why have two volume sliders ?

22-10-2020 05:57:13

Responses (9)

J
I can’t seem to have different volumes levels for motion and rings. Would be good to have ability to set motion volume lower than ring vilolume.

14-08-2020 04:51:15

D
Did you ever get an answer to your question?

23-03-2021 07:22:09

C
Totally agree! Having two separate sliders in settings when they’re connected is misleading. I turned my ring volume all the way up, and turned my motion volume almost all the way down, and totally missed my doorbell because I had no idea turning motion down also turned ring volume down. So stupid. These need independent volume capabilities. And until then just have one slider to not confused people…

17-05-2021 05:52:51

We just purchased a Ring chime and encountered the same issue as above. It's already been almost a year and a half since the first post and it doesn't appear that Ring is working on a solution. Not being an expert, I would thing a simple software update is all that would be needed.

16-02-2022 04:08:24

D
Baffling this feature still isn’t available. Why can’t they be independent? The separate bars are already there this would be such an easy fix

05-01-2023 08:03:53

B
Hello, has anyone had any luck with this query? I could really do with both volume settings being independent, especially with guests coming in the evening when kids are in bed, you ask them not to ring the doorbell, but the motion sensor wakes the kids up anyway 🤷‍♀️

13-01-2023 09:34:50

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User