Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
U
Send Motion events to iobroker/node-red
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
integrations
amazon-alexa

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to listen to motion events that are captured by the outdoor camera inside of iobroker or node-red. But it seems that at the moment no motion events are beeing sent.
I installed several adapters to iobroker, but the iobroker adapters do not get updated when motion happens.

Also the node-red integrations do not fire when there is a motion.

Even Alexa routines do not fire when I create them with the condition: “motion detected” → Do something (like send me a push massage)

After jumping in front of the camera the blue light switches to on but nothing else happens.

What am I doing wrong?

thx!

05-01-2024 07:10:41

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user73482. Ring is officially integrated with Alexa via the Ring Skill in the Alexa app. Other third party smart home systems, such as iobroker, are not officially supported. We can’t advise on troubleshooting steps with third party smart home systems.

Regarding Alexa, we have some information here on how to integrate Ring and Alexa and fix any issues that might be occurring. If you’re still unable to get the Ring Skill working in the Alexa app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

08-01-2024 06:08:31

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User